Benefits – Home
Planning for Your Future
Plan Year 2020
Flexible Spending Accounts
Transportation Benefit Reimbursement Program
Retiree Health Benefits
Absence Management & Disability Plans
Cobra Rates & Information
Employee Emergency Assistance Program
Employee Assistance Program
Work / Life Program
Classification & Compensation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Labor Relations Management
Policies & Memorandum
Training & Development
How to Apply
How to Submit a Successful Application
How to Prepare for an Oral Exam
How to Prepare for a Written Test
How to Prepare for a Practical Exam
How to Prepare for a Selection Interview
Typing Certificate Requirements
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Who We Are
HR Organization Chart
Personnel Records Retention Schedule
Ventura County Lifestyle
Admitting Psychiatric Acute
AFMC Urgent Care
Ambulatory Care Admin
California Childrens Services
Central Serv and Supplies SPH
Central Services and Supplies
Child Health Disblty Prev Prog
Childhood Lead Poisoning Preve
Clinical Lab Serv SPH
Clinical Lab Services
CLINICS, TB, CD, AND IZ
Conejo Valley Clinic
DOU Santa Paula
Eastman Occupational Therapy
Eastman Physical Therapy
Eastman Speech Therapy
Emergency Services SPH
Employee Health Services
Family Care Center
Field Nursing AFLP & Cal Learn
GI Lab SPH
HCA Admin and Support Services
HCA Women Infants and Children
Health Education & First Five
Health Information Mgmt
Health Information Mgmt SPH
Heritage Valley Occup Therapy
Hospital Administration SPH
Inservice Education Nursing
Intensive Care SPH
John Flynn Clinic
Lab and Vital Records
Labor and Delivery Services
Labor and Delivery SPH
Las Islas Clinic North
Las Islas South
Las Posas Clinic
Magnolia Clinic West
Magnolia Hlth Care Clinic
Mandalay Bay Childrens Center
Med Surg 2W
Med Surg 3W
Med Surg SPH
Medical Examiner's Office
Medical Social Services
Medical Staff Administration
Medicine Services Center
MHL Adult Services
MHL Juvenile Justice Program
MHL Quality Assurance Services
MHL Youth Family Program Svcs
MHS CSS Adult Services
MHS CSS Youth and Family Servi
Neonatal Intensive Care
Nursing Admin SPH
Nursing Float Personnel
Observation Unit Vintageq
Obstetrics Acute SPH
Occupational Therapy VMC
Pharmacy IP SPH
Physical Therapy VMC
Plant Maintenance SPH
Psychiatric Acute Adult
Radiology Cat Scan
Radiology Cat Scan SPH
Radiology Diagnostic SPH
Recovery Room Services
Recovery Room SPH
Respiratory Therapy SPH
Santa Paula Clinic
Santa Paula Hospital Clinic
Santa Paula West
Sierra Vista Clinic
Surgery General Major
SUS DUI Administration
SUS DUI Program Services
SUS Non-Residential Services
SUS Prevention Services
SUS Supportive Services
Ventura Co Health Care Plan
West Ventura Clinic
Whole Person Care
MM slash DD slash YYYY
TEST YOUR HIPAA KNOWLEDGE
1. True or False: Paper containing patient information may be disposed of either in a confidential locked shred bin or you may take it home and throw it in your garbage can.
2. A patient’s medical record is accidentally faxed to another patient’s home fax number. The recipient returns all pages that were incorrectly sent back to the physician’s office. Is this a reportable violation of HIPAA?
3. You are a nurse in the Emergency Department. During one of your shifts, a well-known public figure comes to the Emergency Department for treatment. True or False: It is okay to tell your friends about the public figure’s appearance at the Emergency Department as long as they promise to keep it secret?
CULTURAL AND LINGUISTIC COMPETENCY TRAINING
1. What is Cultural Competency?
a) Protect and preserve dignity.
b) It affirms and values the worth of individuals, families and communities.
c) A core set of knowledge, skill and abilities that can be learned to respectfully and effectively communicate and serve diverse populations.
d) All of the above.
2. True or False: Health Care Organizations are not legally mandated to provide language assistance to Limited English Proficient individuals.
3. True or False: Translation is the conversion of a message (usually oral) from one language (the source language) into oral form in another language (the target language).
1. Which of the following is true?
a) A mandated reporter must verify the abuse.
b) A mandated reporter cannot be held liable for failure to report abuse.
c) A mandated reporter’s information will be kept confidential, except in certain very limited situations, as provided by law.
d) The suspect will be notified of the reporting individual.
2. True or False: Human Services Agency (805) 654-3200 are the name and phone number of the Ventura County Hotline that receives reports of all suspected child abuse as well as suspected dependent and elder abuse.
3. A mandated reporter must report suspected child abuse by phone ________, and submit a written report ______.
a) Immediately or as soon as practically possible, 36 hours.
b) Immediately or as soon as practically possible, 72 hours.
c) Within one day or as soon as practically possible, 48 hours.
d) Within two days or as soon as practically possible, 72 hours.
1. What is the minimum recommended safe distance from an X-ray source?
a) 7 ft. (84 inches)
b) 3 ft. (36 inches)
c) 6 ft. (72 inches)
d) 4 ft. (48 inches)
2. True or False: MRI does NOT utilize ionizing radiation:
3. What is the meaning of “ALARA”?
a) As Long as Radiation Allows
b) Always Log All Radiation Accidents
c) As Low As Reasonably Achievable
d) As Low As Roentgen Allows
INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL
1. The single most effective action for preventing infection is:
a) Providing antibiotics prophylactically for employees and patients.
b) Good hand washing.
c) Wearing gloves at all times.
2. True or False: If I come to work sick and use a mask, I won’t get my co-workers or patients sick.
3. If I get a flu vaccination then I am most likely to get the flu within a couple of days.
ERGONOMICS PREVENTS INJURIES
1. Ergonomics is defined as:
a) The applied science of adapting the workplace to meet the needs of the worker to increase overall comfort and productivity.
b) The applied science of improving overall spinal alignment.
c) The applied science of workers adapting to the work environment to meet the demands of productivity and maximize comfort.
d) The applied science of utilizing proper body mechanics when lifting objects.
2. True or False: When lifting an object it is important to squat or lunge while using a narrow base of support and carrying the item at the level of the chest.
3. Key components of correct ergonomics include:
a) Using a neutral spine when sitting or lifting.
b) Keeping top 1/3 of computer monitor at eye level.
c) Using lift equipment or asking for assistance when lifting heavy objects.
d) Listening to your body for pain, fatigue and discomfort.
e) Only A & C
f) All of the above
1. What is the maximum length of time a MOBILE item may be staged in a corridor?
a) 20 Minutes
b) 1 Hour
c) 2 Hours
d) 1 Shift
2. What are the top 2 violations found each month when Environment of Care rounds are conducted?
a) Door propped open
b) Cluttered nursing stations
c) Equipment stored in hallways
d) Noisy patient areas
3. What is the minimum distance from a sprinkler head that items may be stored?
a) 12 inches
b) 14 inches
c) 16 inches
d) 18 inches
1. True or False: Medication errors are preventable events that may cause or lead to an inappropriate medication use or patient harm.
2. True or False: Most medication errors are not the fault of a single individual or event, but often represent a deficiency or system failure.
3. How do you report a medication error?
a) Telephone hotline
b) Online notification system
c) Contact the Medication Safety Officer
d) All of the above
1. What Government support systems are in place to manage an Emergency?
a) Established Emergency Plan
b) Emergency Operation Center
c) Standardized Emergency Management System
d) All of the above
2. An individual wanting to learn more about disaster preparedness can participate in all of the following ways except:
a) Participate in drills
b) Participate in exercises
c) Participate in training
d) Do nothing
3. SEMS Stands for:
a) Student Emergency Medical Services
b) Standardized Emergency Management System
c) Support Enforcement Management System