About Human Resources
CEO-HR Mission/ Vision/ Values
We are dedicated to recruiting, retaining, and developing a diverse, inclusive and qualified workforce who are committed to providing the highest level of public service.
We strive to be an inspired, innovative, strategic, and solution-oriented resource to the community and customers which we serve while acquiring and maintaining our status as the best public sector human resources operation in the State of California.
- Diversity & Inclusion – We are inclusive and strive to afford every member of the public who is interested in a career in public service an opportunity to compete for one. We are also committed to facilitating the growth of a culturally competent workforce resembling the community we serve.
- Integrity – We are committed to being fair, ethical, and transparent, and we uphold that commitment in all the work we do. We shall maintain full compliance within the spirit of the merit system and adhere to local/regional laws, rules and regulations. We also hold ourselves accountable and own responsibility for our actions.
- Respect – We are committed to treating our customers, and each other, with respect and dignity. We treat others the way we prefer to be treated. If we know them well, we treat them the way they prefer to be treated. We advocate for respectful treatment in our behavior, policies, procedures and practices.
- Customer Service/Teamwork – We are committed to both taking care of our customers and taking care of each other by working as a cohesive team. By doing both, we achieve the confidence of our community and provide exemplary service.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation – We embrace continuous process improvement and acknowledge that improvement should be data driven and tailored to the needs of the organization. We initiate, identify and create opportunities to collaborate with stakeholders to increase effectiveness. We also recognize the danger in engaging in a process solely because “that is the way we have done it in the past.”
- Professional/Technical Expertise – We are committed to professional growth and persist in enhancing our knowledge and acquiring mastery of the information, theories, techniques, practices, and procedures of human resources management.
- Adaptability – We are committed to adjusting to change or to the emergent demands of any situation in a constructive manner. We adjust methods or learn and employ new methods iand are versatile in shifting roles.