The County of Ventura is a learning organization and we are excited to introduce to you a new county benefit. Our commitment to learning just got BIGGER. We are pleased to give each of you a LinkedIn Learning account, formerly known as Lynda.com. We understand the positive impact on you, your team and your department, when you are able to gain knowledge and skills to grow. Your LinkedIn Learning account will allow you easy and increased access to high quality options for learning. This opportunity is to support you in your career growth.
What is Linked In Learning exactly?
Linked In Learning is an online platform with over 9000 courses and videos to achieve professional goals. It is a learning video library of engaging, top quality courses taught by recognized industry experts. Classes can be accessed 24/7 from on or offsite a work location. Classes range from micro lessons (a few minutes to get some tips) to longer lessons (courses that have beginning, intermediate and advanced skill levels to achieve) You can take courses in the hard and soft skills you need to be more productive in your role or move to the next career level.
- Having resources/paths to learn and grow are in the top 5 reasons employees are engaged and stay in their jobs
- As a government agency we can incentivize learning opportunities by providing LinkedIn Learning as a value-added employee benefit
- This is a mechanism to attract and retain employees: Prioritizing learning opportunities as an employee benefit to recruit competitively and keep great talent
- Over hundreds of classes in these categories: Leadership and Management; Professional Development; Business software; Writing; Project Management; Digital literacy; Data science; Graphic and Web design
- Employees can create learning paths and “playlists” like in Netflix. You can partner with your supervisor to build your learning path to help you gain needed skills for your current and future work